After the end of the Second World War, the way local people entertained themselves was by hanging out, almost daily, at the taverns of the island.
One such tavern was the “Palouki” which served various “mezedes” (light meals) and lots of wine. As there weren’t enough chairs for everyone, each customer had to stand like a “palouki” (stake).
The palouki opened its doors with the original owner Aivaliotis Ioannis in 1951 and closed sixteen years later in 1967.
Maintaining its history, tradition, quality and name, it reopened in 2009 and continues to this day, to provide the same service to its customers.